Sunday, March 30, 2014

45 Sukhumvit Soi 31

I finished writing Oxford !

At last. I think I've finished the Oxford page and now I feel I am back on track with this geographical narrative thing. Over the stuckness.

Or it is rather that I believe I can leave the Oxford page behind and move on. I know that it is good enough not to have "draft" slapped across the top.

But oooeerrrr....

So many spaces yet for me to place and store. At the moment they are nothing but a boring list that hold meaning only for me.

England, France, Germany, Switzerland, Wales, USA, Tunisia, Italy, Jamaica, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Crete, Turkey, Scotland, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, Albania, Greece, Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, India, Hong Kong, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, China, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Taiwan, New Zealand, South Korea, Australia, Dubai, Israel, Egypt, Lebanon, North Korea, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Cuba, Sri Lanka and more...

Then there is the plan for the future chapters... after I get the house up. Overland the world by train and container ship.

Oh yes. Railway station waiting room scenes. As long as I am in my iPod and Bose noise reduced headphone world then I am fine.




1. Bangkok to Phnom Penh.
2. Phnom Penh to Saigon
3. Saigon to Hanoi
4. Hanoi to Beijing
5. Beijing to Harbin
6. Harbin to Vladivostok
7. Vladivostok to Moscow
8. Moscow to Berlin
9. Berlin to Southampton
10. Southampton to North Carolina
11. North Carolina to San Francisco
12. San Francisco to Melbourne
13. Melbourne to Darwin
14. Darwin to Indonesia somewhere
15. Indonesia somewhere to Singapore
16. Singapore to Bangkok

A list that right now holds just excitement and anticipation for me and who knows what for you... nothingness, empathy?




I have researched that most of the above can be done using rail and container ship. There's a few rail gaps between the Thai border with Cambodia and Saigon. Then another rail gap somewhere from the Chinese border to Vladivostok. There's a tricky choice of how to get from Moscow to Berlin and on to the docks at Southampton. Some uncertainty about the skip from Australia up to Singapore.

I'll be doing this next year if I get the house up and work some stores to pay the passage and invest in a few new cameras and a reliable wide angle lens.





No comments:

Post a Comment