Sunday, January 11, 2015

150 Karawaci, Indonesia

Last week they came into my flat and took away my home. They packed it into boxes and left me with three bedrooms a kitchen and a space where I once felt attached.

That place in Mitr Mansion has gone now. Gone forever.

And today I am in another hotel in another town in another country starting another retailing job.

At sunset today, I closed down my lap top. Looked out over a golf course and headed into an awful shopping mall and hypermarket. It is no wonder that such places are dying in America. They should be culled here.

Got back in time for sunset. And a hotel pub meal in the basement with the hotel band.

Place and Placelessness. Edward Relph. First read 31 years ago in Nottingham and still relevant to me today in what once was the hinterlands of Batavia. Back in Bangkok they are sending me news that the engineer has approved the design for my barn and that it is possible that it could stand up longer than an Indonesian shopping mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment